Makes 4 servings.
1-2 spaghetti squash (about 4 cups once baked and “stringed”)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup of chicken broth
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp of lemon zest
2 tsp chopped parsley
salt and pepper
1. Cut squash in half, scoop our the seeds and spray with olive oil and place down on cookie sheet lined with parchmont paper. Bake at 400 for 40 minutes. You know its done when it gives when you press on the skin. Let cool, then remove seeds.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp, mushrooms, chicken broth and lemon juice and cook, tossing occasionally, until the shrimp are firm and pink, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and heat through. Stir in the lemon zest and parsley; remove from the heat.
4. Using a fork, rake the spaghetti squash lengthwise to remove the flesh (it will pull away in long strands). Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place spaghetti squash in large pasta bowl and top with the shrimp/sauce mixture and serve.
Each serving: 1 Red, 2 Green, 1 Teaspoon
Recipe adapted from: http://www.lisahovhealthfitness.com/main-dish/shrimp-scampi/