This Veggie and Meatball Frittata recipe was adapted from a recipe I found at destinationdelish.com.
The meatballs I used and the ones that I prefer are from the 21 Day Fix Extreme. Here’s a link to the recipe and I highly recommend them for this dish. I just prefer homemade because I like knowing what I put in mine.
2 Cups cooked spaghetti squash (for instruction to roast the squash click here)
1 Tsp olive oil
½ Onion, chopped
Salt (amount to your taste preference)
Pepper (amount to your taste preference)
2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 Cups spinach, roughly sliced
2 Cups steamed broccoli
(these veggies are pictured, but the sky is the limit based on your preference: bell pepper, mushrooms, tomato, etc.)
8 Meatballs, cut in half (21 dfx meatball recipe – these are the ones I used, but any homemade will work if using containers)
8 Egg whites
Options: parmesan, marinara, fresh basil (for use after baking)
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Combine eggs and egg whites and whisk until incorporated.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in in a large oven-safe skillet or pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion, sprinkle with salt and cook until tender (about 3 min).
- Add garlic and spinach. Cook for 2-3 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Add spaghetti squash and broccoli to pan and mix until veggies are all combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Evenly arrange meatball halves on the veggie mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over meatballs and veggies.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until completely set. Check by wiggling the pan and see if middle jiggles. If so, bake another 5 minutes.
This is a really versatile recipe that you can make modifications based on your preferences.
For a meal cut into four servings.
Containers per serving:
1 Red, 1.5 green, .25 yellow (oats from 21 DFX meatballs)