FEBRUARY FOCUS: KEEP A FOOD DIARY
Tracking your meals can make you more conscientious about what (and how much) you’re really eating, and where you can make smarter choices. Studies have found that those who are more diligent about recording what they eat and when they eat it have more success at losing weight than those who don’t.
Tools like MyFitnessPal are great for keeping track of the foods you eat and for getting more familiar with how many calories they actually contain. Not sure how many calories you should aim for? This simple equation can help you figure it out.
HOW TO USE THE FEBRUARY FIT CALENDAR:
1. Come up with one Monthly goal to focus on. This is entirely up to you. This could be something you’d like to do every day to develop a new habit, or something you want to avoid doing. Either way, if you can stick with it for 30 days, you’ll be well on your way to having a new habit. Use a symbol (*, x, M, your choice) each day that you do it.
2. Pick your minimum exercise goal. My personal minimum is 5 times a week for 30 minutes. I usually do 7 days (one day being an active rest day of stretching). If I get in at least the minimum, I know I’ll keep it up. Make sure this is something that you will be able to do no matter what.
3. Each day you exercise, mark it off on the calendar. You can simply put a checkmark, or write details about your workout. I like to write it down to plan it out (if I’m not following a program) and then check mark it when I complete it.
4. In the Weekly Goals box, come up with a small goal to focus on each week. Again, this is your choice and doesn’t necessarily have to be an exercise goal. Some examples: Drink water, do something I love every day, eat breakfast first thing in the morning, read a personal development book or the bible, etc.
5. Come up with a reward for completing your minimum exercise goal for the entire month, and write it in the Reward Box, or reward yourself each week–it’s up to you! I like to reward myself with fitness equipment, new workout clothes or new programs! ?
My monthly goal for February is to get to drink more water.
WANT MORE ACCOUNTABILITY?
Join my Fit and Fab in Feb accountability group that is starting. I recommend either 21 Day Fix program, but you can select whatever program is for you as long as you include Shakeology in your daily nutrition. When you bundle Shakeology and a Program together you save BIG! For more info on the accountability groups, click here. And please contact me if you need help selecting a program that is right for you: firstname.lastname@example.org.